The unLibrarian

I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them. ~Jane Austen

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Yes, that is a tattoo, and yes, it is on my person.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Skills for the 21st Century Librarian

Meridith Farkas has a very interesting post on her blog (Information Wants To Be Free) about LIS, LS, IS programs today. Being a somewhat recent library school grad (2004), I must admit that I did my far share of complaining in regards to what I learned, or rather what I didn't learn in my LIS program.

The post covers what basic skills librarian should have, including the ability to embrace change and comfort with new technologies. It's amazing what some people, even in the high tech world of libraries still don't know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home