The unLibrarian

I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them. ~Jane Austen

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Yes, that is a tattoo, and yes, it is on my person.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Synonyms for a "Not-So-Perfect" Day

awful, bad, bummer, daunting, dire, disheartening, dismaying, dreadful, ghastly, grim, grody, gross, harrowing, heavy, hideous, horrible, horrid, horrific, intimidating, mean, shocking, terrible, unnerving

arbitrary, bad, base, blameworthy, cruel, culpable, discreditable, discriminatory, foul, grievous, inequitable, inexcusable, , injurious, low, mean, petty, shameful, shameless, uncalled-for, undue, unjust, unprincipled, unreasonable, unrightful, unscrupulous, unsporting, unwarranted, vicious, vile, wicked, wrong, wrongful

afflictive, bad, cruel, cutting, damaging, deleterious, destructive, detrimental, disadvantageous, distressing, evil, harmful, hurting, malicious, mean, nasty, nocuous, ominous, pernicious, poisonous, prejudicial, spiteful, unkind, upsetting, wounding

It's amazing how many words there are to describe a single feeling. I've always had a love of thesauri. I randomly chose three words that describe my day today and looked them up in a thesaurus. While a majority of these words do not apply at all, some are accurate, though I never would have come up with them on my own. I think "deleterious" is by far my favorite. I like the way it tickles and teases your tongue when you say it with a superior air. "Iniquitous" is quite fun to say as well, though doesn't really apply.

I just used 185 words to say: I had a BAD day. I guess there is a librarian in me after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Destiny Carfley said...

Are there words starting with x, y, and z to describe a horrible day in history? At least words that incorporate these letters?

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home