The unLibrarian

I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them. ~Jane Austen

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Yes, that is a tattoo, and yes, it is on my person.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

A Step Away from the Library World

I never liked country music, for the reason that a lot of us share: My parents liked it. All of the sudden, there's this "Young Country" thing going on, and I still hated it. If anything, I hated it more. They were all the same to me, these young, apparently "hip" country singers. To me, it was the difference between my father and my sister, old Republicans and young Republicans. The highly conservative musical genre who were still singing about god and their dead dogs and their momma's. Not my thing.

When the Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks uttered the truth, that she was ashamed that the evil man was from Texas, I felt it was my patriotic duty to at least give them a listen, to see if it grew on me. Since this is a somewhat anonymous blog, I'll admit here and only here that it did...it grew...a lot.

Their new single, Not Ready to Make Nice is in direct response to the backlash experienced by the Dixie Chicks after Natalie's comment. I'm going to buy the album (even though I NEVER buy albums) solely to show support for them. Hell, if I had the money, I'd buy every copy I coudl get my little hands on, and leave them in the mailboxes of every single redneck that stomped on their Dixie Chicks CD's and portrayed their ignorance for the world to see.

Take a look:

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

I'm with you. I was a fan of the Dixie Chicks previous to their comments about Bush. That just cemented their loveliness in my mind. I hate country music. I love the Dixie Chicks.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home